mahout-user mailing list archives

From Josh Patterson <j...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Re:Mahout compatibility with GraphLab
Date Thu, 01 Sep 2011 16:26:37 GMT
Danny,
(Only tangentially understanding the internals of GraphLab) --- is
there any interest in having this framework run as a first class
citizen on hadoop (beside MR) similar to:

MPI on hadoop

via the new MRv2 framework? I think that would be a really interesting
way to get GraphLab to work with Mahout as I see MRv2 as enabling a
lot more functionality in Mahout as we move forward.

Thoughts?

JP

--
Twitter: @jpatanooga