mahout-user mailing list archives

From Jake Mannix <jake.man...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: bug when generating sparse vector
Date Tue, 06 Sep 2011 04:03:09 GMT
On Mon, Sep 5, 2011 at 8:36 PM, Lance Norskog <goksron@gmail.com> wrote:

> A Lucene expert could change SparseVectors to handle this case. (There
> might
> be other problems.)

I don't think we need a Lucene expert, we just need to change the logic of
"instantiate
Analyzer via no-arg constructor" to "if no-arg constructor exist for the
Analyzer, use it,
else try the single-arg constructor which takes a LuceneUtil.VERSION as the
argument".
And possibly let the client specify the lucene version (making sure to swap
out all the
lucene jars which might be needed of that exact version) on the command
line.

  -jake