mahout-user mailing list archives

From Lance Norskog <goks...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Singular vectors of a recommendation Item-Item space
Date Thu, 25 Aug 2011 22:07:06 GMT
If you take the item vector an existing user, multiply that by the
left-hand SVD matrix, and multthe resulting vector[i] *
1/singularvalues[i], you should get the item's row in the left-hand
column. So, the left-hand column times 1/singular values gives you the
projection for a new user's item vector >into this space of users<.
Which gives you a user-user recommender for new users.

--
Lance Norskog
goksron@gmail.com