mahout-user mailing list archives

From web service <wbs...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Mahout project running in eclipse
Date Fri, 19 Aug 2011 20:12:52 GMT
I had some issues getting started with eclipse. I don't have the setup handy
to be precise.

Here is what I had do, just to use eclipse features, like class resolution,
indentation, compile-time errors, make sure it atleast runs basic usecases -
1. as mentioned, use m2eclipse. There is one more plugin, which doesnt work
with latest eclipe , one that comes by default which can be found it easily
in updates.
2. checkout the mahout project in the workspace.
3. do the mvn eclipse, to build the required eclipse files.
4. eclipse opens project.
5. do changes etc. and run it on local hadoop configuration.

*I might have gulped something :/ or there might be better way to do.