mahout-user mailing list archives

From Tricia Hoffman <hoffman.tri...@gmail.com>
Subject Machine Learning Event Announcement
Date Sat, 13 Aug 2011 15:18:10 GMT
There are several Machine Learning Events to announce.  If you would like to
receive future Machine Learning Event announcements please join the Google
Group:   <http://groups.google.com/group/machine-learning-class>or send an
email to *machine-learning-class@googlegroups.com*
[image: Google Groups] *Subscribe to Machine Learning Events* Email:  Visit
this group <http://groups.google.com/group/machine-learning-class>

*Machine Learning
202*<http://machinelearning202.pbworks.com/w/page/32890439/FrontPage>
Mike Bowles, PhD  and Patricia Hoffman, PhD will be teaching Machine
Learning 202 at the Hacker Dojo starting August 24.  The class will run for
5 consecutive weeks on Wednesday and Thursday evenings from 7 PM - 9 PM.  To
sign up and for more details check the web site:
http://www.meetup.com/HandsOnProgrammingEvents/events/27922541/  This class
will cover Collaborative Filtering, Bayesian Belief Networks, and Advanced
Trees.  The recommended Text:  "The Elements of Statistical Learning - Data
Mining, Inference, and Prediction"  by Trevor Hastie, Robert Tibshirani, and
Jerome Friedman

*2612 INTRODUCTION TO MACHINE LEARNING AND DATA
MINING*<http://courses.ucsc-extension.edu/ucsc/search/publicCourseSearchDetails.do?method=load&courseId=1531173>Patricia
Hoffman,PhD is teaching a survey course for the University of
California Santa Cruz Extension:  More Info is here:
<http://courses.ucsc-extension.edu/ucsc/search/publicCourseSearchDetails.do?method=load&courseId=1531173>Machine
Learning / Data Mining Survey
Course<http://courses.ucsc-extension.edu/ucsc/search/publicCourseSearchDetails.do?method=load&courseId=1531173>
 <http://courses.ucsc-extension.edu/ucsc/search/publicCourseSearchDetails.do?method=load&courseId=1531173>

*Data Mining Camp October 15,
2011*<http://www.sfbayacm.org/event/data-mining-camp-october-2011>
 We are in the process of planning the next Data Mining Camp.  If you want
to be involved please let me know. http://www.sfbayacm.org

Check my web site for announcements for future classes:
http://patriciahoffmanphd.com/

Regards,
Patricia Hoffman PhD