mahout-user mailing list archives

From "Vince Wei (jianwei)" <jian...@cisco.com>
Subject about the implementation of FP-Growth
Date Wed, 03 Aug 2011 08:44:00 GMT
I am looking into the code in the FPGrowth class, I have some questions:

1. What does the variable conditionalOfCurrentAttribute

In the growthBottomUp method and the growthTopDown method means?

2. the header table is traversed in the fpGrowth method,

why is it traversed again in the growth method?

By the way the FPGrowth implementation is very different from the paper

Efficient Incremental Mining of Top-K Frequent Closed Itemsets

Which can be downloaded from
http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.106.3693&rep=re
p1&type=pdf

Anyone can give me some documents to help me understand the
implementation? Thanks!

Sincerely