mahout-user mailing list archives

From Alan Said <alan.s...@dai-labor.de>
Subject How to use PreferenceTransform?
Date Thu, 18 Aug 2011 18:23:58 GMT
Hi all,
I'm trying to figure out what the correct way of using a
PreferenceTransform is.

Having looked into the JavaDoc's I've got something which seems to
generate ok results, not quite sure whether this is correct though.
Would appreciate a comment on if this actually is the correct way to use
it, and if not a pointer to where I could find information on this.

What I do currently is apply the transform on the similarity class like so

PreferenceTransform iuf = new InverseUserFrequency(dataModel, logBase);
UserSimilarity pearsonSim = new PearsonCorrelationSimilarity(dataModel);
((PearsonCorrelationSimilarity)pearsonSim).setPrefTransform(iuf);

After this I pass the similarity to my neighborhood and recommender.
Without the cast on the last line it won't compile.

Thanks,

Alan
--
M.Sc.(Eng.) Alan Said