mahout-user mailing list archives

From Sean Owen <sro...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: MySQLJDBCDataModel vs FileDataModel
Date Mon, 04 Jul 2011 17:09:54 GMT
Yes, this is trading memory for speed. If you can fit everything in memory,
then you should. FileDataModel is in memory.

MySQLJDBCDataModel is not in memory and queries the DB every time. This is
pretty slow, though by caching item-item similarity as you do, a lot of the
load is removed. However if you want to go all in memory, use
ReloadFromJDBCDataModel.

(The naming is weirder than the actual structure or logic...)