mahout-user mailing list archives

From Dave Gettier <dgett...@potomacfusion.com>
Subject Kmeans runs successfully, but no map/reduce jobs
Date Wed, 27 Jul 2011 23:20:28 GMT

I am running a kmeans application which was adapted from  example 7.2 of Mahout in Action.
 The java program runs successfully,  giving me the expected results;  however, there are
no map/reduce jobs being kicked off.    My understanding was that KMeansCluster runs locally,
but KMeansDriver run on the cluster.  How does one point the job to run on the cluster? Or
am I missing something?

KMeansDriver.run(conf,
               new Path(cp.getsDataDir() +  "/points"),
               new Path(cp.getsDataDir()  + "/clusters"),
               new Path(cp.getsDataDir()  +  "/outputs"),
               new EuclideanDistanceMeasure(),
               .001,10, true, true);

Thanks in advance!

-DG