mahout-user mailing list archives

From Em <mailformailingli...@yahoo.de>
Subject Exclude by RuleSet
Date Fri, 01 Jul 2011 16:56:25 GMT
Hello list,

is it possible to filter out some items/users from the
recommendation-process?

In some cases one does not want to include information from some sources in
special situations.

As an example you can imagine an onlineshop. If you click on the category
"women" it would be the best to only show recommendations for this
main-category rather than also showing some stuff for men.

A Rescorer could be a solution to filter out those unwanted results *after*
the big part is done (am I correct?), however I do not want to spend
ressources on computing probabilities for items that are definitly unwanted
for the resultset.

What I want is something like a
SELECT col1, col2, col3 FROM myData WHERE category = "women" OR category =
"subcategoryOfWomen"
and than do the computation on top of this dataset.

Is this possible with Mahout?

Regards,
Em