mahout-user mailing list archives

From "Walshe, Maurice (RBI-UK)" <Maurice.Wal...@rbi.co.uk>
Subject Installing mahout on a cluster of Linux VM's Examples not compiling
Date Fri, 10 Jun 2011 15:47:03 GMT
Hi All

Been banging my head against getting mahout 0.50 installed on my test
cluster the examples just wont compile and when I try the precompiled
kmeans the map completes but the reducer fails with a java exception.

 java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.mahout.math.Vector

???

I Just thought do you have to install mahout on all the task tracker
nodes ? the instructions dont explicitly say so but the writer may have
assumed that every one knew this.

Rgds Maurice

Ps Hosts are windows xp and using vmware player with ubuntu 10.10 as
guest operating system

===================== DISCLAIMER ======================
This message is intended only for the use of the person(s)
("Intended Recipient") to whom it is addressed. It may contain
information which is privileged and confidential. Accordingly
any dissemination, distribution, copying or other use of this
message or any of its content by any person other than the Intended
Recipient may constitute a breach of civil or criminal law and is
strictly prohibited. If you are not the Intended Recipient, please
contact the sender as soon as possible.

Reed Business Information Limited.
Registered Office: Quadrant House, The Quadrant, Sutton, Surrey, SM2 5AS, UK.
Registered in England under Company No. 151537