mahout-user mailing list archives

From Hector Yee <hector....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Installing mahout on a cluster of Linux VM's Examples not compiling
Date Fri, 10 Jun 2011 16:11:09 GMT
I put the mahout-core.0.5.jar in the distributed cache in the main of my MR.

DistributedCache.addFileToClassPath(new Path("/myapp/mylib.jar"), job);

DistributedCache.createSymlink(conf)

On Fri, Jun 10, 2011 at 8:47 AM, Walshe, Maurice (RBI-UK) <
Maurice.Walshe@rbi.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi All
>
> Been banging my head against getting mahout 0.50 installed on my test
> cluster the examples just wont compile and when I try the precompiled
> kmeans the map completes but the reducer fails with a java exception.
>
>  java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.mahout.math.Vector
>
> ???
>
> I Just thought do you have to install mahout on all the task tracker
> nodes ? the instructions dont explicitly say so but the writer may have
> assumed that every one knew this.
>
> Rgds Maurice
>
> Ps Hosts are windows xp and using vmware player with ubuntu 10.10 as
> guest operating system
>

> ===================== DISCLAIMER ======================
> This message is intended only for the use of the person(s)
> ("Intended Recipient") to whom it is addressed. It may contain
> information which is privileged and confidential. Accordingly
> any dissemination, distribution, copying or other use of this
> message or any of its content by any person other than the Intended
> Recipient may constitute a breach of civil or criminal law and is
> strictly prohibited. If you are not the Intended Recipient, please
> contact the sender as soon as possible.
>
> Reed Business Information Limited.
> Registered Office: Quadrant House, The Quadrant, Sutton, Surrey, SM2 5AS,
> UK.
> Registered in England under Company No. 151537

Yee Yang Li Hector
http://hectorgon.blogspot.com/ (tech + travel)
http://hectorgon.com (book reviews)