mahout-user mailing list archives

From Hector Yee <hector....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: L2 seems does not work
Date Wed, 29 Jun 2011 17:39:57 GMT
The nans in logistic regression usually occur at the Math.exp.

Try adding a breakpoint or assert not nan there to see what the input is.

If its an overflow you can fix it by clamping. The argument to exp maxes out
around 50 for floats before NaN ing.

--
Yee Yang Li Hector
http://hectorgon.blogspot.com/ (tech + travel)