mahout-user mailing list archives

From Sean Owen <sro...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Stacking Algorithms
Date Tue, 07 Jun 2011 07:26:57 GMT
I think this just refers to computing an average or weighted average over
several algorithms, and using that for the basis of recommendation. It's not
supported directly, but fairly easy to roll yourself.

Beware that this only makes sense if the values you are averaging are of the
same scale. The conventional algorithms are based on an estimate of rating
for unknown items, so it makes sense to average those estimates. But
recommenders don't have to rank on this, and if they're ranking on some
other value it may not be valid to average those.