mahout-user mailing list archives

From Sean Owen <sro...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Confused on binary vs source distributions
Date Thu, 09 Jun 2011 07:32:40 GMT
These aren't specific to Mahout.

To run a Hadoop job, you have to give it all dependencies together. This is
the error you're getting. To help with this, the distro has 'job' files with
all dependencies packaged together for you. Your next error is just another
symptom of this. No Hadoop job can run without its dependencies available on
workers.

Here as in most projects, the bin and src files are built from the same
source. The difference is that bin contains the compiled artifacts and not
the source code, and is "ready to run". In bin I believe the configuration
is built into the compiled jar, yes.