mahout-user mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Probabilities in Bayesian classifier
Date Wed, 15 Jun 2011 18:44:07 GMT
This is what the term Naive is used in the name.  The scores for this kind
of algorithm are 0 to 1 or are logarithms of such a number, but are not at
all calibrated probabilities.

And, frankly, it is rare in practice for the output of logistic regression
to be calibrated either.  Those outputs are much more like probabilities,
but they still have some issues.