mahout-user mailing list archives

From Robin Anil <robin.a...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: NaiveBayes and Classification of non-documents
Date Thu, 02 Jun 2011 15:13:49 GMT
NB implementation doesnt handle numeric values very well, if you convert
your data to boolean feature. You can construct a document out of it and use
it on NB

A better way would be to use Weka formatter to convert to vectors and use
the SGD classifier in Mahout. You will be pleasantly surprised by its
accuracy and speed.

Robin