mahout-user mailing list archives

From Mike Khristo <mikekhri...@gmail.com>
Subject Why do userid & itemid have to be long?
Date Wed, 01 Jun 2011 02:50:40 GMT
Rather, how can I use string-based userid/itemid's without having the deal
with the slowness associated with mapping them to a long?

In the MongoDataModel, for example, significant time/overhead goes into
converting the unique id's to long...  I'm still getting my head wrapped
around mahout, but this seems like a significant limitation. I have to
assume there's some logic behind the decision to restrict them to long, but
i didn't find anything about it in Mahout in Action or the list.

Thanks.