mahout-user mailing list archives

From Jeff Eastman <jeast...@Narus.com>
Subject RE: Problems running examples
Date Thu, 09 Jun 2011 23:21:12 GMT
Hi Drew,

Running trunk locally, latest update, just now, build-reuters.sh works (kmeans and lda).

Running trunk on my CDH3 cluster, just now:
- build-cluster-syntheticcontrol.sh works (with kmeans and others)
- build-reuters.sh works (with kmeans and lda) Running trunk on my CDH3 cluster:

Running trunk on my MapR cluster, just now:
- build-cluster-syntheticcontrol.sh works (with kmeans and others)
- build-reuters.sh works (with kmeans and lda)

Running the 5/31 mahout-distribution-0.5, just now:
- build-cluster-syntheticcontrol.sh works (CDH3 & MapR with kmeans and others)
- build-reuters.sh runs in local mode only (CDH3 & MapR runs give different errors)

I was primarily defending kmeans. It is possible my 5/31 0.5 distribution is not the final
one, since everything seems kosher in trunk now. My apology if I've impuned your patch.

Jeff

-----Original Message-----
From: Drew Farris [mailto:drew@apache.org]
Sent: Thursday, June 09, 2011 11:36 AM
To: user@mahout.apache.org
Subject: Re: Problems running examples

Jeff,

Could you tell me about what's failing in KMeans and LDA when running
on a cluster? I had this working just prior to 0.5 in
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MAHOUT-694

Thanks,

Drew

On Thu, Jun 9, 2011 at 2:01 PM, Jeff Eastman <jeastman@narus.com> wrote:
> Ahem, KMeans is not busted. It is being maintained by me, at least. The build-reuters.sh
script runs only in local mode on 0.5 and fails in both KMeans and LDA when run on a cluster.
The MIA examples are not always correct. Most of this has been reported before.