mahout-user mailing list archives

From David Saile <da...@uni-koblenz.de>
Subject Re: AW: Incremental clustering
Date Thu, 12 May 2011 08:53:39 GMT
I am still stuck at this problem.

Can anyone give me a heads-up on how existing systems handle this?
If a collection of documents is modified, is the clustering recomputed from scratch each time?

Or is there in fact any incremental way to handle an evolving set of documents?

I would really appreciate any hint!

Thanks,
David

Am 09.05.2011 um 12:45 schrieb Ulrich Poppendieck:

> Not an answer, but a follow-up question:
> I would be interested in the very same thing, but with the possibility to assign new
sites to existing clusters OR to new ones.

> Thanks in advance,
> Ulrich
>
> -----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----

and I want to include a very simple indexing step that incorporates clustering of documents.

> I was hoping to use some kind of incremental clustering algorithm, in order to make use
of the incremental way the crawler is supposed to work (i.e. continuously adding and updating
websites).