mahout-user mailing list archives

From Mahi <mahidhar.p...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hiring senior Java developers to contribute to Cascading core
Date Mon, 02 May 2011 17:07:49 GMT
Hi Chris

This is Mahidhar Pala. I am currently working as an IVR Consultant.

I do have some hands on experience with Hadoop, Hive, JAQL and pig. I did my masters project
at UNC Greensboro starting from setting up a small cluster in the lab, to generating test
data and then comparing these languages.

I am open for part time opportunities, so if you do have any suitable openings please do let
know.

Thanks
Mahi

On May 2, 2011, at 12:59 PM, Chris K Wensel <chris@wensel.net> wrote:

> Hey all
>
> Just a quick note to let everyone know that I’m looking to hire a core Cascading developer
to work on the 2.0 version with me.

> This would be a full time product development and R&D position with my company Concurrent,
Inc.

> At a high level the focus will be on API and query model improvements, planner optimizations,
and further improvements around integration.

> Some people may have heard that 2.0 so far has removed all dependencies on Hadoop, this
is true. It has allowed us to focus on process planning against more complex topologies that
will emerge as new Hadoop inspired applications emerge, while better supporting stock Hadoop
distributions and forks.

> Subsequently I am looking for very experienced Java developers who have been working
with Hadoop for a bit, and have a strong bent towards optimization and compiler design.