mahout-user mailing list archives

From mail2abin <mail2a...@gmail.com>
Subject Clustering boolean vectors
Date Tue, 10 May 2011 14:08:23 GMT
Hi,

I was trying to run ItemBasedRecommender on GroupLens movie sample data,
which requires the rating ( user preferences inp). But suppose I do not have
the rating ( user prefereces) , rather I have an
Item boolean attribute vector. [ like God father - 0|1|0|0|0|0|1 ] , where
the two 1's may say Crime, Drama.

ItemBasedRecommender requires a DataModel, which I do not have. Instead I
think I should use some Clustering techniques based on the Item boolean
attribute vector, as I understand and later get items which belongs to the
cluster.

Please give pointers to the right Clustering API ( though I have see
TanimotoCluster etc.), not sure if they are good for boolean vectors.

-----
Abin Varghese
Software Engineer
NY