mahout-user mailing list archives

From SJ <saraljai...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: KDD Cup 11 - SVD based Recommender
Date Tue, 05 Apr 2011 04:39:36 GMT
Hello Sebastian,
Thanks for the info. Appreciate it.

I played around a bit more with these two factorizes last few days and have
figured out some values which I think should work.
Also, I have server machines (24 cores, 64GB). Would that be sufficient to run
ExpectationMaximizationSVDFactorizer according to your knowledge?

I have tried running these 2 recommenders and also KNN based recommender (with a
neighborhood of 35, don't ask why). But its really dreadfully slow, even a
parallel implementation with 24 threads.

any clues?

Thanks,
SJ