mahout-user mailing list archives

From Paul Mahon <pma...@decarta.com>
Subject LanczosSolver Very Slow
Date Fri, 29 Apr 2011 16:45:32 GMT
I'm running the LanczosSolver (from SVN two days ago) it it's taking
(what I think) is a very long time to run. The matrix I'm using is
very sparse. The command I used was:

bin/mahour svd --input ./base --output ./svd --numRows 12259359 --numCols 2517335 --rank 10
--cleansvd true -Dmapred.child.java.opts=-Xmx2048m

The first part of the program runs pretty quickly, and in less than 10
minutes it has found 10 eigenvectors. The second step (cleansvd) has
been running for 15 hours and is only 10% of the way through the map
tasks.

Is this performance expected? Is there something I can do to speed it up?