mahout-user mailing list archives

From Thomas Rewig <tre...@mufin.com>
Subject ItemSimilarityJob as UserSimilarityJob
Date Fri, 08 Apr 2011 10:04:36 GMT
  Hello,

I am testing at the moment a bit with mahout-jobs in hadoop.

As I understand it:
* the Recommender Job computes item-recommendations for all users
* and the ItemSimilarityJob computes all item-item-similaritys

I wonder if there is a job for the calculation of user-user-similaritys
.. a UserSimilarityJob (Or have I write my own recommenderJob?). In my
opinion the RowSimilartityJob is not for this purpose, or?

So if i have this data:

|userID1,itemID1,preferencevalue|
|userID1,itemID2,preferencevalue
||userID2,itemID1,preferencevalue|
|userID2,itemID3,preferencevalue

and transform it to

|itemID1||,||userID1||,preferencevalue|
|itemID1||||,||userID2||,preferencevalue
||itemID||2,||userID1||,preferencevalue|
|itemID3||||,||userID2||,preferencevalue

||i can use the |ItemSimilarityJob to get all user-user-similaritys and
this should be the same result I would expect in a UserSimilarityJob.
But is there an easier way without a transformation of the data i use to
get all user-user-similartitys?

Or have I missed something?

I use mahout 0.4.

Thanks in advance!