mahout-user mailing list archives

From Robin Anil <robin.a...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problem with CNB implementation?
Date Sat, 05 Mar 2011 06:05:06 GMT
Robin S, The implementation in CNB is almost a direct implementation of
paper, and the results atleast with 20newsgroups matches with the result in
the Jrennie's paper . The calculation shows that the sum of weight of
complement class is use to normalize it.

Now whether you think that is a real CNB or not is based on how you want to
interpret it.  The theta is calculated as a negative number. So what ever
the relevance value documentWeight returns is multiplied to get a negative
score which is ranked and returned.

Let me understand what you find as the issue? If there indeed a bug while
implementing the paper, I am happy to correct it. But if you want to "claim"
its not "CNB" and its a normalized NB, What ever we say is moot. You have to
take it up with the author of the paper.