mahout-user mailing list archives

From Mike Nute <mike.n...@gmail.com>
Subject help running mvn install in examples
Date Sat, 05 Mar 2011 22:16:49 GMT
Hi All,

I'm trying to get Mahout running on an Amazon EC2 Ubuntu machine and
am having a ton of trouble getting the examples to work.  When I run
build-reuters.sh, it tells me that maven-examples-*.job could not be
found in the examples or the examples/target folders and that I have
to install examples first.

This seems simple enough, but when I try to run mvn install in the
examples folder, I get the all kinds of "unable to find resource ..."
messages and the final fail message is below.  Are there possibly
references in the build.xml or pom.xml files somewhere that are out of
date?  Have I maybe done something else incorrectly along the way that
I'm not aware of?  The subversion of mahout was build from the trunk
about two days ago.

If anyone can tell what I've done wrong here or has any suggestions, I
would be very grateful.  Thanks in advance!

Best,
Mike Nute

This is the error message at the end of my "mvn install" execution
from within the /examples/ subfolder:

[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.

Missing:
----------
1) org.apache.mahout:mahout-core:jar:0.5-SNAPSHOT

  Then, install it using the command:
      mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=org.apache.mahout
-DartifactId=mahout-core -Dversion=0.5-SNAPSHOT -Dpackaging=jar
-Dfile=/path/to/file

  Alternatively, if you host your own repository you can deploy the file there:
      mvn deploy:deploy-file -DgroupId=org.apache.mahout
-DartifactId=mahout-core -Dversion=0.5-SNAPSHOT -Dpackaging=jar
-Dfile=/path/to/file -Durl=[url] -DrepositoryId=[id]

  Path to dependency:
        1) org.apache.mahout:mahout-examples:jar:0.5-SNAPSHOT
        2) org.apache.mahout:mahout-core:jar:0.5-SNAPSHOT

2) org.apache.mahout:mahout-utils:jar:0.5-SNAPSHOT

  Then, install it using the command:
      mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=org.apache.mahout
-DartifactId=mahout-utils -Dversion=0.5-SNAPSHOT -Dpackaging=jar
-Dfile=/path/to/file

  Alternatively, if you host your own repository you can deploy the file there:
      mvn deploy:deploy-file -DgroupId=org.apache.mahout
-DartifactId=mahout-utils -Dversion=0.5-SNAPSHOT -Dpackaging=jar
-Dfile=/path/to/file -Durl=[url] -DrepositoryId=[id]

  Path to dependency:
        1) org.apache.mahout:mahout-examples:jar:0.5-SNAPSHOT
        2) org.apache.mahout:mahout-utils:jar:0.5-SNAPSHOT

----------
2 required artifacts are missing.

for artifact:
  org.apache.mahout:mahout-examples:jar:0.5-SNAPSHOT

from the specified remote repositories:
  Apache Releases (https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/releases),
  maven2-repository.maven.org (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2),
  maven2-repository.dev.java.net (http://download.java.net/maven/2),
  Apache snapshots (http://people.apache.org/maven-snapshot-repository)

[INFO] Total time: 28 seconds
[INFO] Finished at: Sat Mar 05 20:33:13 UTC 2011
[INFO] Final Memory: 16M/40M

Michael Nute
Mike.Nute@gmail.com