mahout-user mailing list archives

From Jonathan Traupman <jon.traup...@gmail.com>
Subject Does DistributedLanczosSolver output the eigenvalues anywhere?
Date Tue, 29 Mar 2011 20:53:31 GMT
I'm using DistributedLanczosSolver to do an SVD computation, and I see that
it prints the eigenvalues to the console as the job runs, but neither the
raw nor the clean output seems to have them anywhere.

Looking through the code, the EigenVector class contains this info and
encodes it in a string, but since it is a subclass of DenseVector not
NamedVector, this metadata does not appear to be written out in
EigenVerificationJob.saveCleanEigens().

The simplest thing seems to be to make EigenVector a subclass of NamedVector
instead. Would be happy to make the required changes and submit a patch, but
I wanted to check first that this current behavior isn't a deliberate
feature.

-Jon