mahout-user mailing list archives

From Sean Owen <sro...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: PlusAnonymousUserDataModel
Date Mon, 14 Mar 2011 16:37:50 GMT
(Unless I am forgetting a reason it won't work at all,) The reason is just
that the temporary user is temporary and perhaps "unreliable" data as it is
gleaned from transient input from what you think is one user. So, might as
well not embed that data any deeper than necessary in the system.

It exists in the model because it has to for algorithms to make any sense of
it. It would have only a marginal impact on item-item similarity, so don't
bother there.

"Anonymous" here means "otherwise unknown to the DataModel". Whether they're
logged in or not doesn't matter in that sense.