mahout-user mailing list archives

From praneet mhatre <praneetmha...@gmail.com>
Subject Partial Implementation of Random Forest
Date Tue, 29 Mar 2011 05:50:31 GMT
Hello all,

I very recently started working on Mahout. To get the feel of things, I was
trying to run  the sample implementation of Random Forest posted on the Wiki
( https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAHOUT/Partial+Implementation).
However, even when I issue the exact same commands, I get an
EOFException
error as follows:
Exception in thread "main" java.io.EOFException
    at java.io.DataInputStream.readFully(DataInputStream.java:180)
    at java.io.DataInputStream.readFully(DataInputStream.java:152)
    at org.apache.hadoop.io.SequenceFile$Reader.init(SequenceFile.java:1457)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.io.SequenceFile$Reader.<init>(SequenceFile.java:1435)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.io.SequenceFile$Reader.<init>(SequenceFile.java:1424)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.io.SequenceFile$Reader.<init>(SequenceFile.java:1419)
    at
org.apache.mahout.df.mapreduce.partial.Step0Job.parseOutput(Step0Job.java:145)
    at
org.apache.mahout.df.mapreduce.partial.Step0Job.run(Step0Job.java:119)
    at
org.apache.mahout.df.mapreduce.partial.PartialBuilder.parseOutput(PartialBuilder.java:115)
    at org.apache.mahout.df.mapreduce.Builder.build(Builder.java:338)
    at
org.apache.mahout.df.mapreduce.BuildForest.buildForest(BuildForest.java:195)
    at org.apache.mahout.df.mapreduce.BuildForest.run(BuildForest.java:159)
    at org.apache.mahout.df.mapreduce.BuildForest.main(BuildForest.java:236)
    at
    at
cloudera@cloudera-demo:~/Downloads/mahout-distribution-0.4$

Can you please tell me what the problem is? Also, can you please suggest me
the best way to get started? So far, I've been going through these examples
and trying to run them on a pseudo cluster.

Thank you,

--
Praneet Mhatre
Graduate Student