mahout-user mailing list archives

From Chris Schilling <ch...@cellixis.com>
Subject Re: item similarities
Date Mon, 14 Feb 2011 20:03:28 GMT
Thanks Sean!

I was ignorantly looking in the interface ItemSimilarity :)  I see it now...

On Feb 14, 2011, at 11:15 AM, Sean Owen wrote:

> Yes just call ItemBasedRecommender.mostSimilarItems()
>
> On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 6:38 PM, Chris Schilling <chris@cellixis.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am sure this is very straight-foward, but I could not find what I am looking for
in MIA or in the docs.  I am looking for an API to return the top most similar items in item
based CF.  I see that I could use the itemsimilarity command line option to calculate the
similarities.  The thing is, I do not really need to map-reduce the calculation.  At the stage
I am at, I could do it in memory sequentially.  So, is there an API for this and then how
do I get the list of the top n similar items.