mahout-user mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Similarity between users' groups
Date Thu, 17 Feb 2011 17:42:56 GMT
Yes.

Simply transpose your data and then use standard similarity techniques.

Transposition in this case means that you would reformulate your data to be

group1: user ... user

In practice, the standard input form for Mahout recommendations is more like
this:

user group rating

where your ratings will always be 1.  Simply redesignation of the two first
columns suffices to transpose data like this.