mahout-user mailing list archives

From sharath jagannath <sharathjagann...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Another set of basic questions
Date Fri, 04 Feb 2011 21:16:00 GMT
I would really appreciate if somebody could respond.
I am trying to do a online clustering of feed data.

I am now able to write my custom analyzer and create Tf-vectors, use canopy
as seed generator and cluster using KMeansDriver.
Question1: I want to save the centroids generated. Is there a specific
interface with which I can create backups/ Should I have to read it and save
somewhere else say database for further use.

Say now I have 100 article and have grouped them into 10 clusters.
With which I want to cluster the new feed. Lets say I have 10 more article.

My first approach:
 I can use the same cycle to achieve reclustering which takes time. So I do
not want to do it for my online clustering.

Second Approach:
I want to use the saved centroids generated in the initial phase and cluster
using Canopy Driver. But Canopy driver takes vector as input and generate
centroid.
Question2 :Can we do it with Canopy Driver? I want to use the previous
centroid.

If this possible, let say out of my 10 new articles. 8 is grouped to one of
the existing cluster but 2 are new. To achieve this I need previous
centroids.
I want to cluster the new 2 in the usual kmeans and form new cluster.
Question3: How should I add the centroids of the new clusters formed to the
initial centroid list?

Again, I would appreciate the response. I know my questions are bit stupid
but for a novice I guess that is expected.

Thanks,
Sharath