mahout-user mailing list archives

From Sean Owen <sro...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: item similarities
Date Mon, 14 Feb 2011 19:15:26 GMT
Yes just call ItemBasedRecommender.mostSimilarItems()

On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 6:38 PM, Chris Schilling <chris@cellixis.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am sure this is very straight-foward, but I could not find what I am looking for in
MIA or in the docs.  I am looking for an API to return the top most similar items in item
based CF.  I see that I could use the itemsimilarity command line option to calculate the
similarities.  The thing is, I do not really need to map-reduce the calculation.  At the
stage I am at, I could do it in memory sequentially.  So, is there an API for this and then
how do I get the list of the top n similar items.