mahout-user mailing list archives

From Dmitriy Lyubimov <dlie...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Recommeding on Dynamic Content
Date Tue, 01 Feb 2011 20:27:51 GMT
There's also a paper from Yahoo! research "Regression-based Latent Factor
Models" http://portal.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=1557029

What i like about this is that it doesn't focus on a particular method to
combine the models to regress on static profile data + side info. I think it
might be combined with methods ALS-WS  which unlke SGD are
hadoop-parallelizable to do stage computations. It also serves pretty good
in situations when there are dyadic interactions but different types
interaction context (side info) are available (or sometimes none at all) but
static profile information is always available. I think we'll have to get on
this problem pretty soon .