mahout-user mailing list archives

From Chen_1st <...@live.cn>
Subject Re: Two learning competitions that might be of interest for Mahout
Date Tue, 15 Feb 2011 11:19:37 GMT
Hi, Markus,

I am curious why the competition still tries to predict the rating
values, now that top k recommendation is more practical in real life
applications, and it's illustrated by many papers that rating value
prediction is not so useful for discovery of top k items.

Best Regards.

Chen

--
Blog of chen_1st: