mahout-user mailing list archives

From vineet yadav <>
Subject Re: Mahout for Keyword Extraction
Date Thu, 03 Feb 2011 13:37:28 GMT
Hi Joyce,
Mahout uses clustering algorithm to extract top terms or topics from
documents sets. It uses basically three types of algorithm for keyword
extraction .
1) Collocations extraction:-
2) Clustering algorithm: It supports clustering algorithm like k-means,
fuzzy k-mean, cancopy etc.
3)Latent Dirichet Allocation:-
Mahout uses simple unsupervised(clustering) algorithm for keyword
extraction. Where as I think  OpenCalasis uses supervised and deep semantic
approaches. I think you are looking some supervised(classification)
algorithm for keyphrase extraction. I suggest to look at kea( and maui-indexer(
Vineet Yadav