mahout-user mailing list archives

From Sean Owen <sro...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problems building Mahout
Date Tue, 08 Feb 2011 11:50:21 GMT
Yes, you're looking in the right place. You can find the following error in
most files:

java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "chmod": java.io.IOException:
error=12, Cannot allocate memory

This is really what is useful for bug reporting.

You're on Windows right? It doesn't have the *nix "chmod" command.
IIRC you have to run through Cygwin in order to get binaries like this but I
don't use Windows myself. It's better to use a Linux box for Mahout / Hadoop
if you can.