mahout-user mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Similarity between users' groups
Date Fri, 18 Feb 2011 17:19:43 GMT
A better way to sample is to find groups with a very large number of users
and downsample the number of users to a maximum of about 1000 (or even 200
if you want to be more aggressive).  Do the same with users.

That won't delete a whole lot data volume, but it will make most
recommendation algorithms go much faster.  The idea is that after you have
200 or more users in a group, you aren't learning anything new anyway.