mahout-user mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Recommeding on Dynamic Content
Date Tue, 01 Feb 2011 16:26:50 GMT
Here is a pointer to the Menon and Elkan paper:
http://arxiv.org/abs/1006.2156

 <http://arxiv.org/abs/1006.2156>Also, see chapter 17 of Mahout in Action
for a description of how you can use the SGD classifiers already in Mahout
for this kind of work.

You lose the very cool recommendations framework that Mahout has, but you
gain the ability to recommend in high churn situations.