mahout-user mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Problem in executing DisplayCanopy
Date Tue, 22 Feb 2011 14:41:41 GMT
I can confirm the way you are running this doesn't work and I think it is both b/c the constructor
isn't public, but also because the DisplayClustering classes (DisplayCanopy, DisplayKMeans)
are intended to be run by invoking the main() method, whereas the bin/mahout program is invoking
the MahoutDriver class which tries to invoke ProgramDriver which tries to construct something
it doesn't have access to.

Can you open a JIRA issue for this?  In the meantime, the workaround is to invoke the DisplayCanopy.main()
class as you would w/ a normal Java program.

On Feb 22, 2011, at 12:18 AM, Sengupta, Sohini IN BLR SISL wrote:

> Hi everyone,
> I am very new to Mahout. I managed to set it up and run it on hadoop. However, I am facing
problems when I try to execute DisplayCanopy program on hadoop. I get following error:

> Running on hadoop, using HADOOP_HOME=/usr/local/hadoop
> No HADOOP_CONF_DIR set, using /usr/local/hadoop/conf
> 11/02/21 04:00:11 WARN driver.MahoutDriver: No org.apache.mahout.clustering.display.DisplayCanopy.props
found on classpath, will use command-line arguments only
> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalAccessException: Class org.apache.hadoop.util.ProgramDriver$ProgramDescription
can not access a member of class org.apache.mahout.clustering.display.DisplayCanopy with modifiers
"public static"
>    at sun.reflect.Reflection.ensureMemberAccess(Reflection.java:65)
>    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:588)
>    at org.apache.hadoop.util.ProgramDriver$ProgramDescription.invoke(ProgramDriver.java:68)
>    at org.apache.hadoop.util.ProgramDriver.driver(ProgramDriver.java:139)
>    at org.apache.mahout.driver.MahoutDriver.main(MahoutDriver.java:184)
>    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
>    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
>    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
>    at org.apache.hadoop.util.RunJar.main(RunJar.java:156)
>
> At command prompt, I give the following command:
>
> /usr/local/mahout-distribution-0.4/bin/mahout  org.apache.mahout.clustering.display.DisplayCanopy
>
> I have set all relevant environment variables.
> Any pointers are welcome.
>
> Thanks a lot in advance for your help.
> Regards,
> Sohini

> Important notice: This e-mail and any attachment there to contains corporate proprietary
information. If you have received it by mistake, please notify us immediately by reply e-mail
and delete this e-mail and its attachments from your system.
> Thank You.

Grant Ingersoll
http://www.lucidimagination.com/

Search the Lucene ecosystem docs using Solr/Lucene:
http://www.lucidimagination.com/search