mahout-user mailing list archives

From Sebastian Schelter <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Recommeding on Dynamic Content
Date Wed, 02 Feb 2011 08:14:23 GMT
Hi Ted,

I looked through the paper a while ago. The approach seems to have great
potential, especially because of the ability to include side information
and to work with nominal and ordinal data. Unfortunately I have to admit
that a lot of the mathematical details overextend my understanding. I'd
be ready to assist anyone willing to build a recommender from that
approach but it's not a thing I could tackle on my own.

--sebastian

PS: The algorithm took 7 minutes to learn from the movielens 1M dataset,
not Netflix.