mahout-user mailing list archives

From "Sengupta, Sohini IN BLR SISL" <sohini.sengu...@siemens.com>
Subject Problem in executing DisplayCanopy
Date Tue, 22 Feb 2011 08:18:14 GMT
Hi everyone,
I am very new to Mahout. I managed to set it up and run it on hadoop. However, I am facing
problems when I try to execute DisplayCanopy program on hadoop. I get following error:

Running on hadoop, using HADOOP_HOME=/usr/local/hadoop
No HADOOP_CONF_DIR set, using /usr/local/hadoop/conf
11/02/21 04:00:11 WARN driver.MahoutDriver: No org.apache.mahout.clustering.display.DisplayCanopy.props
found on classpath, will use command-line arguments only
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalAccessException: Class org.apache.hadoop.util.ProgramDriver$ProgramDescription
can not access a member of class org.apache.mahout.clustering.display.DisplayCanopy with modifiers
"public static"
    at sun.reflect.Reflection.ensureMemberAccess(Reflection.java:65)
    at org.apache.hadoop.util.ProgramDriver$ProgramDescription.invoke(ProgramDriver.java:68)
    at org.apache.hadoop.util.ProgramDriver.driver(ProgramDriver.java:139)
    at org.apache.mahout.driver.MahoutDriver.main(MahoutDriver.java:184)

At command prompt, I give the following command:

/usr/local/mahout-distribution-0.4/bin/mahout  org.apache.mahout.clustering.display.DisplayCanopy

I have set all relevant environment variables.
Any pointers are welcome.

Thanks a lot in advance for your help.
Regards,
Sohini

Important notice: This e-mail and any attachment there to contains corporate proprietary information.
If you have received it by mistake, please notify us immediately by reply e-mail and delete
this e-mail and its attachments from your system.
Thank You.