mahout-user mailing list archives

From han henry <huiwen....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Mahout 0.4 seems recommend user's existed items to user.
Date Fri, 14 Jan 2011 10:19:55 GMT
Hi,Sean and sebastian

We have two type preference .

1)  ,Preferences that user does not want to see them ,we store those
preference in filterFile.
2)  ,All preferences (include those in the #1) ,also those data can use to
calculate similarity.

We can not recommend those items to user

#1, Invalid items or expired items .we store those items in itemSFile.
#2, User Non-interested items ,we store those user ,item pairs in filterFile
.
#3, User existed items (user already has those item in preferences ).

 ItemFilterAsVectorAndPrefsReducer seems can make  those items been skiped
in last step.

so we do #1 and #2 in the last step
(AggregateAndRecommendReducer.java<http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/mahout/trunk/core/src/main/java/org/apache/mahout/cf/taste/hadoop/item/AggregateAndRecommendReducer.java>),
but I have not found logic to skip #3.