mahout-user mailing list archives

From José Moreira <zema...@zemanel.eu>
Subject Re: [mahout-user] Recommendation engine to support a LAMP application
Date Tue, 07 Dec 2010 23:44:37 GMT
Hi,

although the projects are small, for example the current only has only for
now mostly product and category tables, the solution is intended to be
re-used across several other existing projects and possibly some more in the
future, that may or may not exist in the same server.

Given this, my opinion is that an better solution than hacking complex
queries and algorithms to emulate item/user based recommendations could be
running Mahout as a dedicated service, as a custom solution may never yield
the same result quality but it's ultimately up to the customer (and his
budget).

I'm currently a bootstrapping unemployed developer (from Portugal) and
although i could use the revenue, i'm ultimately interested in providing an
efficient solution and make the customer happy and so i'm open to include
professional support as i currently don't have experience with Mahout. I was
told that possibly Sean Owen was providing that kind of support, how can i
reach him? And/or is there anyone else providing paid support? If so i can
be contacted directly by this e-mail.

Meanwhile i'll keep drilling the documentation.