mahout-user mailing list archives

From "Sharma, Avani" <agsha...@ebay.com>
Subject DisplayCanopy class
Date Tue, 30 Nov 2010 23:54:43 GMT

Hello,

I am using Mahout-0.3 to try out various clustering algorithms provided by mahout.
I ran arff converter, kmeans and canopy clustering over my data and used clusterdumper to
check out the clusters.
For big file sizes or big data to be clustered and interpreted, the output of clusterdumper
needs some kind of visualization.
So, I read https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAHOUT/Visualizing+Sample+Clusters
I was able to generate a sample cluster using DisplayClustering class, but none other display
classes are working for me. I am pasting the error below.
Besides, are there any other ways to visualize the output from my data?
How will I feed clusters for my data into these classes in display package?
Please point me to any source of information for the same. Thank you.

~/mahout-0.3/trunk hadoop$bin/mahout org.apache.mahout.clustering.display.DisplayCanopy
Running on hadoop, using HADOOP_HOME=/usr/local/hadoop_live/
HADOOP_CONF_DIR=/usr/local/hadoop_live/conf
10/12/01 06:30:34 WARN driver.MahoutDriver: No org.apache.mahout.clustering.display.DisplayCanopy.props
found on classpath, will use command-line arguments only
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalAccessException: Class org.apache.hadoop.util.ProgramDriver$ProgramDescription
can not access a member of class org.apache.mahout.clustering.display.DisplayCanopy with modifiers
"public static"
        at sun.reflect.Reflection.ensureMemberAccess(Reflection.java:65)
        at org.apache.hadoop.util.ProgramDriver$ProgramDescription.invoke(ProgramDriver.java:68)
        at org.apache.hadoop.util.ProgramDriver.driver(ProgramDriver.java:139)
        at org.apache.mahout.driver.MahoutDriver.main(MahoutDriver.java:175)