mahout-user mailing list archives

From Sean Owen <sro...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Matrix-based recommendation analysis
Date Tue, 23 Nov 2010 07:50:09 GMT
(PS I don't think that link from Ted is publicly visible but try
http://www.slideshare.net/tdunning )

Maybe I'm walking into half of a another conversation but what's the
question or goal here?

I don't think the matrix product contains quite what you're saying.
For example U1 records only 2 ratings but has some "enthusiasm" on 3
separate days in the matrix product. The product is mashing together
item-day associations from all users and applying them to each user.

Conceptually user-item-day is the 3-dimensional matrix that it sounds
like, if you want to distinguish associations from different users to
different items on different days.