mahout-user mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Mahout 0.4 compilation error
Date Mon, 29 Nov 2010 05:39:19 GMT
It looks like you didn't do a mvn install in the top directory.

Mahout math is part of the normal distribution and is compiled just like
most other modules.  The special situation
of mahout math is that it gets build as a separate jar and other modules
depend on this.  If you try to compile them
before compiling and installing everything, then mahout-math isn't found.

What you have done shouldn't hurt because version 0.4 will be stable from
now on, but if you try to compile trunk (which
has version 0.5-SNAPSHOT) then you will get confused unless you follow the
standard procedure.

This can lead to small confusions if you make changes to Mahout math
yourself.  For other modules, changes flow from
module to module courtesy of your development environment.  Not so with
Mahout math.  There an extra install is necessary.