mahout-user mailing list archives

From Sean Owen <sro...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Usage of MySQL as DataSource with connection pooling
Date Tue, 09 Nov 2010 11:03:43 GMT
This really isn't a question about Mahout itself, but I believe I can
still help.

I don't see anywhere that you've actually configured the DataSource!
You need something like this in server.xml; this is my standard
"recipe":

  <GlobalNamingResources>
    <Resource
      name="jdbc/MySQLDB" auth="Container" type="javax.sql.DataSource"
      removeAbandoned="true" logAbandoned="true" maxActive="16"
      validationQuery="SELECT 1"
      username="username" password="password"
      driverClassName="com.mysql.jdbc.Driver"
      url="jdbc:mysql://yourhost:3306/yourDB?autoReconnect=true&amp;autoReconnectForPools=true"/>
  </GlobalNamingResources>