mahout-user mailing list archives

From ivek gimmick <gimmicki...@gmail.com>
Subject Using NB classifier
Date Tue, 09 Nov 2010 19:41:58 GMT
Hi, I am trying to solve a simple classification problem.

The Problem:
    I have a set of text and I have to categorize them based on the content.

Solution using Mahout:

    I understood that I have to convert the input to a sequence file to
generate the model.  Yes, I was able to do this.  Now, how do I categorize
my test data?  The 20News example only tests for correctness.  But,  I want
to do the actual classification.

    I am not sure if I need to write code or use some existing classes
available to classify the test set.

P.S. Sorry if you are seeing this message for the 2nd time.

Regards,
~Gim